Did you ever have trouble finding the correct size zipper at the store? Or have zippers on hand that are to long?
Just shorten one!
The video and written instructions below will explain how easy it is to shorten a zipper using a sewing machine.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. We make a small commission on sales through the affiliate links, at no extra cost to you. Thank you in advance for your purchase and your support! Please see our full Affiliate
Statement for more information.
1. Determine how long you want the zipper. Zippers are measured from the zipper pull to the zipper stop.
2. Measure the zipper from the zipper pull and mark the tape at the desired length.
3. Set the sewing machine for a zigzag stitch. The width of the zigzag stitch should be wide enough for the needle to completely cover the zipper teeth. The length of the zigzag stitch should be as short as possible.
4. Center and lower the presser foot over the zipper teeth at the mark on the tape.
5. Turn the sewing machine hand wheel to make sure the zigzag stitch clears the teeth.
6. Stitch back and forth about 10 times.
7. Cut the zipper about an 1" to 1 1/2" below the new zipper stop. IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE FABRIC SCISSORS TO CUT THE ZIPPER BECAUSE IT WILL DULL THE SCISSOR BLADES. Also, if the zipper teeth are metal, carefully cut between the zipper teeth.
Zipper shortening is complete! It is that easy!
Buy zippers in bulk from the affiliate below and SAVE!
If you have any questions about this project, contact us through the YouTube Video
comments or our Contact Us page. We respond to questions in e-mails and YouTube comments regularly.
Did you enjoy this project? Please share it with your friends using the sharing buttons.
Follow our site using the follow buttons below to find out about
other fun projects.
Subscribe To our YouTube channel
because we publish New crafting videos On regularly.
Find us On: