DIY Father's Day CRAFT Ideas for Kids
Summer brings longer days and warmer weather and of course Father’s Day - that special day for Dad’s as well as kids.
When it comes to Father's Day nothing says " I love You" more than a homemade gift from the kids which is why Father's Day crafts for toddlers, preschoolers and big kids are treasured by dads for years to come.
We have rounded up and are sharing a list of over 30 of our favorite DIY Father's Day gift ideas you and your kiddo or kiddos can make this year. The unique craft ideas range from kid-made meaningful cards to painted mugs, from grill master to angler DIY crafts to paracord bracelets, from yard accessories to desk accessories and much more.
Read on to pick your favorite and start crafting in time for Father's Day. The kids will love making these handmade gifts and cards and Dads will absolutely enjoy receiving them making this Father's Day the most memorable one yet.
LIST OF FATHER'S DAY DIY CRAFT IDEAS
Kids can create a personalized stepping stone for Dad for the garden.
2. Nuts and Bolts Picture Frame
All it takes to create this super quick, easy, and inexpensive Father’s Day gift idea is some nuts, bolts, screws, and washers that are laying around the house along with an old picture frame and glue.
One of the simplest duct tape crafts is a duct tape coin pouch/purse. Kids can make this super easy duct tape project in about an hour. Start by choosing duct tape in dad's favorite color or pattern; then follow the instructions. In addition to coins, Dad can use it to hold keys, flash drives, business cards, credit cards, cough drops, and candy.
DIY survival bracelets make great Father's Day gifts since kids can personalize the size and color. Make one for Dad and a matching one for yourself.
Father's Day coloring pages and cards make a wonderful handmade Father's Day gift for dad (or granddad) (or someone special) on their special day. Simply print and color.
Make a simple and fun key ring for dad for Father's Day. Our easy tutorial will show you how.
DIY painted Father’s Day mugs are cute and simple Father’s’ Day crafts and are sure to put a smile on dad or grandpa’s face this Father’s Day. This craft is super EASY and INEXPENSIVE and KID FRIENDLY.
8. Flag Coasters
Is your dad in the military service or is he a veteran? Learn how to make red, white and blue patriotic flag coasters as a unique gift on his special day.
Transform a plain container such as an old grits container into a themed gift perfect for Dad to use to store stuff. Decoupage with old stamps, favorite comic book character, hobby theme or whatever he enjoys.
Lego loving kids will have fun making an easy Lego pen and pencil holder for Dad. It can be used to hold rulers, scissors, markers and it even has room to store a memo pad or scrap paper for writing notes.
Send Dad the message that he is loved "so much" with this handmade card.
For some ideas of what to write inside the Father's Day card, check out this page, 25 Things to Write on Father's Day Cards.
What is dad's favorite movie, sports team or hobby? Make your dad a one-of-a-kind gift by decoupaging a picture frame.
Kids can snuggle up with Dad under a soft, cozy blanket they made themself.
Tie-dying is a fun activity for kids of all ages. Make Dad a tie-dyed shirt by using one of the methods featured in this tutorial.
Learn how to make a fun fabric lanyard that dad can use in many ways, such as securing keys, badges and whistles.
A super storage idea. This project is a little complicated so a child will need the help of an adult who knows how to sew in order to make it.
More Amazing Father's Day Craft Ideas
17. A Father's Day card idea for dads or grandpas who love to grill, a Grill Master Father's Day Card.
18. Every Dad needs a DIY Colorful Apron with his kid's handprints on it for BBQing this summer!
19. Make something Dad can use, a fun DIY Father's Day Key Chain.
20. Dig through the house for some interesting looking button and make Dad easy DIY Cufflinks with Buttons.
21. Kids can make a sweet Heart Fingerprint Tree for Dad.
22. For a Dad with a green thumb, these Painted Rock Garden Markers are a nice addition to the yard.
23. Does Dad like trail mix? Make store-bought trail mix into a cute and simple gift with this Monster Trail Mix Father's Day Gift idea.
24. Lego loving kids can make Dad a Simple Lego Key Holder.
25. A Masculine Leather Catchall Tray makes a perfect, useful DIY gift for Dad's special day.
26. Comic Book Coasters are a unique gift for dad on Father's Day.
27. Is dad a nature lover? A DIY Rocky Picture Frame is a nice gift.
28. With a mason jar and Dad's favorite nuts, make a Nuts About You Dad gift.
29. Does Dad wear ties? A Rustic Tie Rack is a little complicated but with help from Mom or Grandpa kids can help make it.
30. A Wooden Key Chain is a great craft for your kiddo to make this year for dad on his special day.
31. Tools are always a useful gift for dad. How about making a hammer unique with this tutorial, Painted Hammer with Monogram.
32. This Handprint Suncatcher activity is perfect for small children to make for Father's Day.
33. Make this fun Tackle Box Candy Fish Gift for dad.
34. Free painted rocks make a wonderful Father's Day present. They can be used outside in the yard or as a paperweight.
35. A simple Leather Cord Organizer is a fantastic idea for Father's Day.