DIY Chapstick Holder Keychain
Keep your chapstick (lip balm) handy with this DIY keychain chapstick holder. This project is super cute, super easy and super quick to make. Anyone with beginner or basic sewing skills can make this chapstick Holder.
Skill Level: Beginners
Time: Less than a half hour
Click the image below to watch the video in Youtube.
2 pieces of cotton scrap fabric – 2” x 7”
1 piece of lightweight or featherweight fusible interfacing 2” x 7”
Ribbon – 3” long
Standard sewing supplies
STEP 1: INTERFACE FUSING
* Following the manufacturer’s instruction, fuse the interfacing to the wrong side of one of the fabric strips.
STEP 2: RIBBON PLACEMENT
* Fold the ribbon in half and pin the raw edges of the ribbon to the short side of the fused fabric piece (aligning in the middle).
STEP 3: SEWING PIECES
* Turn the bottom end of each fabric piece under approximately ¼” and press.
* Pin the two fabric strips, right sides together.
* Sew around three sides using a ¼” seam allowance, leaving the bottom side unsewn.
* Clip the corners, turn right side out, push out corners and press.
* Stitch bottom closed using a 1/8” seam.
STEP: FINISHING HOLDER
* Fold the bottom up 2 ½” and pin.
* Topstitch 1/8” from the edge along the entire holder.
* Attach keyring.
* Insert chapstick (lip balm) in pocket.
Photo of back of chapstick holder
The chapstick holder is complete.
These Chapstick holders are great for backpacks, purses, keychains, gym backs and tote bags. Whip up as a quick gift, stocking stuffer or for craft shows.
Purchase supplies for this project from the affiliate links below:
See info on Affiliate links below.
Please be advised that some of the product and other links displayed above may be affiliate links. When you click on links to various
merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Please see our
Affiliate Statement for more information.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
If you have any questions about this project, you can post them as comments on the Youtube Video above or through our "Contact Us" page.