Learn how to make a quick and easy potholder.
This is an excellent project for using pieces of scrap fabric. I used a leftover panel from another project but you can use any fabric you may have around the house.
Watch our Video Below or Click the link to watch Pot Holder in Youtube.
To make this project you will need:
1 Front Piece - panel or piece of fabric about 7" - 8" square
1 Backing Fabric - same size a front piece 1 Cotton Batting - Same size 1 Insul-Brite - Same size Double Fold Bias Tape 1/2" wide
To make potholder, watch the video along with these basic instructions.
1. Sandwich the backing, batting, insul-brite and front together. Pin in a few places.
2. Machine quilt pieces – Draw one faint pencil line on the top which is about a 45 degree angle. Decide of the width of the quilting (I used 1 1/4"). Insert a guide bar into the presser foot and measure the desired width from needle to bar.
3. Stitch along pencil line. Then use guide bar as guide to quilt the rest.
4. Trim and square the piece.
5. With backing toward you, unfold the bias tape, starting in corner place the tape along the edge and stitch using the fold in bias tape of a quide.
6 When you get to the corner, miter the corner. We have a video exquisitely on how to miter corners at: How to sew a mitered corner
7. Continuing sewing around the entire piece with the bias tape. When you get to the end, cut the bias tape leaving a 4" tail (this will be used to make a loop).
8. Turn the bias tape to the right side, pinning in place and mitering the corners.
9. Edge stitch close to the fold and continuing to stitch along the 4" tail.
10. Fold tail to the back to form a loop and stitch in place.
The potholder is finished.
HAVE FUN MAKING POTHOLDERS! This is another excellent project for beginner sewers or to teach someone to sew.
Below find links to some supplies you may need for this project:
Did you enjoy this project? Please share it with your friends using the sharing buttons.
Follow our site using the follow buttons below to find out about
other fun projects.
THESE MAKE NICE HOSTESS GIFTS! SEWING IS SO MUCH FUN!
Subscribe To our YouTube channel
because we publish New crafting videos On regularly.
Find us On:
If you have any questions about this project, you can post them as comments on the Youtube Video above or through our "Contact Us" page.