This tutorial will show you how to keep electric cords and charger cords organized and tidy by making an easy cord wrap from scrap fabric. No more tangled wires around the house or while traveling.
Click the image below to watch the video in Youtube.
CORD WRAP SIZES:
For the small wrap, you will need:
Scrap fabric – 2 pieces 3 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Scrap fusible interfacing or fusible fleece – 1 piece 3 1/2” x 5 1/2”
Sew on Velcro – 3/4" wide x 1 1/2" long
For a large wrap, you will need:
Scrap fabric - 2 pieces 4" x 6 1/2"
Scrap fusible interfacing or fusible fleece - 1 piece 4" x 6 1/2"
Sew on Velcro - 3/4" wide x 2" long
CUTTING FABRIC & APPLYING INTERFACING
1. Decide if you are making the small or large cord wrap.
2. From your scrap fabric stash, cut two pieces of fabric. The two pieces of fabric can be from the same fabric or two different fabrics.
3. Cut one piece of fusible interfacing (or fusible fleece).
4. Cut one piece of sew on Velcro the needed size.
5. Fuse the interfacing/fleece to the wrong side of one of the fabrics according to the manufacturers directions.
1. Place the two fabrics with right sides together.
2. On one of the short ends, round the corners.
3. Stitch around the pieces using a 1/4" seam allowance and leaving a 2 1/2" opening on one of the long sides. (This opening will be used for turning the wrap right side out.
CLIP, TURN AND TOPSTITCH
1. Clip the corners close to the stitching line.
2. Clip the curved end.
3. Turn wrap right side out through opening and gently push out corners and smooth out curve..
4. Fold under raw edges of the opening and pin in place.
5. Press cord wrap flat.
6. Topstitch 1/8" from the edge around the entire cord wrap.
1. Attach the Velcro near the ends of the cord wrap - one to the front and one to the back of the cord wrap.
The cord wrap is complete.
These cord wraps make perfect gifts for anyone, are great stocking stuffers and unique craft market items.
Below are some affiliate links to supplies you may need to make this project:
See info on Affiliate links below.
Please be advised that some of the product and other links displayed above may be affiliate links. When you click on links to various
merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Please see our
Affiliate Statement for more information.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
because we publish new crafting videos on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Find us on:
If you have any questions about this project, you can post them as comments on the Youtube Video above or through our "Contact Us" page.