The single crochet is one of the basic crochet stitches. The single crochet is the shortest of the basic crochet stitches and makes a firm flat fabric. Learn this stitch in this video tutorial and detailed written instructions.
HOW TO CROCHET THE SINGLE CROCHET
Click the image below to watch the video in Youtube.
STEP-BY-STEP INSRUCTIONS FOR CROCHETING THE SINGLE CROCHET STITCH
To make a single crochet in a foundation chain:
1. Make the foundation chain
2. Insert the hook in second chain from the hook
3. Yarn over (yo)
4. Pull loop through stitch (2 loops on the hook)
5. Yarn over (yo) and pull through both loops on the hook
6. Continue in same stitch pattern - insert hook in next chain, yarn over, pull loop through chain (2 loops on the hook), yarn over and pull yarn through both loops.
How to single crochet the next row
1. Chain 1 (ch 1)
2. Turn your work
3. Insert the hook in the top two loops of the first single crochet stitch.
4. Yarn over (yo)
5. Pull loop through stitch (2 loops on the hook)
6. Yarn over (yo) and pull through both loops on the hook
7. Continue making single crochets by inserting hook in top of the next single crochet stitch and preceding with steps 4 through 6.
It is that simple.
LEARN TO CROCHET SERIES:
Slip Knot: Learn the Slip Knot
Chain Stitch: Learn to Chain Stitch
Single Crochet: Learn to Single Crochet
Double Crochet: Learn to Double Crochet
Split Single Crochet: Learn to Crochet the Split Single Crochet
Turning Chain: Learn the Turning Chain
Did you enjoy this article? Please share it with your friends using the sharing buttons.
Follow our site using the follow buttons below to find out about other fun projects.
Supporting Products and links are below.
You can support our site by making a purchase from the affiliate links shown below. We make a small commission on sales
through the affiliate links, at no extra cost to you. Your purchases help us to keep making more videos and projects. Thank you in advance
for your purchase and your support!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
because we publish new crafting videos on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Find us on:
If you have any questions about this project, you can post them as comments on the Youtube Video above or through our "Contact Us" page.