HOW TO CROCHET THE CHAIN STITCH
The first step in starting a crochet project is to do a set of chain stitches. Learn how to make a chain stitch with this video and the step-by-step instructions.
Click the image below to watch the video in Youtube.
Crochet Chain Stitch Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Start by making a slip knot.
- Pass the yarn over the hook from back to front and hook it.
- Draw it through the slip knot sliding the stitch up to the shaft area. This is chain stitch number 1.
- Bring the yarn over the hook again from back to front and hook it.
- Draw it through the chain stitch. You have now completed the second chain stitch.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have the desired number of chain stitch.
Things to remember when making crochet chain stitches:
- As you draw the yarn through, twist the hook slightly so it is easier to get through the stitch.
- Make the chain stitches uniform in size and not too tight.
- When making the chain stitch, slide the stitch up hook shaft before making the next stitch. This will help you make more uniform stitches.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
because we publish new crafting videos on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Find us on:
If you have any questions about this project, you can post them as comments on the Youtube Video above or through our "Contact Us" page.