This video will show you how to decorate a wooden heart for Valentine's Day with a wooden heart purchased in a store.
This simple project uses white paint and a pencil eraser. If you cannot find a wooden heart at the craft store, you can always cut a heart from a foam sheet and use the same procedure to decorate it.
This is a fun, simple project for kids.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Affiliate
Statement for more information.
Wooden Heart or Cut Heart from Craft Foam
Craft Paint, any color
Pencil with Eraser
Ribbon 1/4" wide (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WOODEN HEART DECORATION
1. Squirt some craft paint onto a paper plate.
2. Dip the pencil eraser into the paint.
3. Then keeping the pencil straight up and down, put a dot on the wooden heart. Make as many dots as you want on the heart.
4. Allow project to dry.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOAM HEART DECORATION
1. If using craft foam for this project, make a heart template with paper.
2. Draw the heart shape onto the craft foam and cut it out.
3. Apply dots in the same manner as above.
4. To make a hanger with ribbon for the foam heart decoration, fold paper heart template in half and punch a hole with a hole punch.
5. Place the template over the painted foam heart (which is dry), and you now know exactly where to punch the holes in the foam with a hole punch.
6. Thread some ribbon on a tapestry needle. Bring the needle up through the hole from the back of the heart and then down through the other hole on the front of the heart.
7. Knot the ribbon ends on the back of the heart.
VIOLA! The cute heart ornament is finished and ready to hang for Valentine's Day.
Get supplies to make this project from the affiliate links below:
Note: Fees we earn through affiliate links allows us to continue providing interesting crafting, sewing and hobby content and making YouTube videos.
Did you enjoy this project? Please share it with your friends using the sharing buttons.
Follow our site using the follow buttons below to find out about
other fun projects.
Subscribe To our YouTube channel
because we publish New crafting videos On regularly.
Find us On:
If you have any questions about this project, you can post them as comments on the Youtube Video above or through our "Contact Us" page.