Learn how to make a hanging kitchen towel with a potholder and dish towel by watching this video and reading the instructions below. This project is so easy even someone learning to sew can make one.
Best of all, this can be very inexpensive to make. Just purchase towels and potholders at your local Dollar Tree store for $1 or the affiliate link below.
Click the image below to watch the video in Youtube.
Basic Sewing Supplies
STEP 1: GATHERING TOWEL
The towel will need to be gathered so it is the same size as the potholder. To do this, fold the towel in half lengthwise and press with an iron. The crease will be the gathering line.
* Sew a long basting stitch across the towel using the crease as a guide.
* Gather the towel until it is the same size as the potholder.
STEP 2: LOCATE MIDDLE OF POTHOLDER
The potholder loop will determine how the towel will be attached to the potholder. Make sure the loop is at the top. If there is no loop, you can make a loop with scrap fabric or ribbon.
* With a ruler, find the center of the potholder.
* Mark a line along the center using a quilters marking pencil.
STEP 3: SEWING POTHOLDER TO TOWEL
* Place the towel right side up on a work surface.
* Center the potholder over the towel gathering.
* Pin them in place.
* Set the sewing machine to a standard stitch length and sew along the line marked on the potholder, back tacking at the beginning and end.
STEP 4: MARKING AND ATTACHING BUTTON
* Fold the potholder in half with the loop at the top.
* Fold loop down to see where to place button. Mark with a marking pencil.
* Sew on button to the font of the potholder by hand.
Viola! The hanging kitchen towel is complete and ready to hang from stove handle, near the sink or any other convenient location.
This quick and easy sewing project makes great hostess gifts.
Purchase towels and potholders from the following affiliate links:
See info on Affiliate links below.
Enjoy your hobby without spending a fortune on expensive craft supplies! We carry an amazing selection of art supplies and crafting essentials for less. View our painting sets, kids craft activities and poster sets, art paper, and more. Everything is only $1 each, so you can get creative without worrying about high prices.
Hugh selection of kitchen towels. Lots of colors. Get prices.
Affiliate Link to Amazon
Lots of choices of potholders. Lots of colors.
Affiliate Link to Amazon
Please be advised that some of the product and other links displayed above may be affiliate links. When you click on links to various
merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Please see our Affiliate Statement for more information.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
because we publish new crafting videos on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Find us on:
If you have any questions about this project, you can post them as comments on the Youtube Video above or through our "Contact Us" page.