How to make a double closet for a doll from American Girl doll boxes.
Click the image below to watch the video in Youtube.
Two American Girl Doll Boxes
Small American Girl Accessory Box
Small Plastic Storage Box
Hot Glue Gun
1/2" Wooden Dowel, slightly longer than width of the two boxes together
HOW TO MAKE THE CLOTHES CLOSET
1. With a hanger decide where you want the clothes rod to be in the closet. Then use a pencil to mark the spot. Measure this spot and mark all box sides the same distance from top and front.
2. Make holes in each side of the boxes to hold the dowel which will be the clothes rod. Have an adult help drill the holes in the boxes with a drill or poke the holes with a scissor.
3. Once the holes are done, slide the dowel through the holes in one of the boxes.
4. With adult supervision, hot glue the side of the box. Then stick the two boxes together by placing the dowel through the holes in the second box and holding the boxes together for about 10 seconds.
5. Hot glue the ends of the dowel that stick out the sides of the boxes. This will prevent the dowel from shifting. These dowel ends can be used to hang hats or other accessories.
6. Place an American Girl Small Doll box or other accessory box in the bottom of one side of the closet to store shoes.
7. Use a small plastic storage box, that has drawers, in the bottom of the other side of the closet to store hats, scarves, hair accessories and other items for the doll.
The closet is complete!
This doll closet is a quick and fun project and a great way to recycle doll boxes.
Kate was extremely happy the way the clothes closet turned out because it has lots of storage for clothes, shoes, hats, scarves and doll accessories.
How To Make Doll Clothes Hangers
(Click the image below to watch the video in Youtube.)
Get supplies to make the doll clothes closet from the affiliates links below.
Did you enjoy this project? Please share it with your friends using the sharing buttons.
Follow our site using the follow buttons below to find out about
other fun projects.
Supporting Products and links are below.
You can support our site by making a purchase from the affiliate links shown below. We make a small commission on sales
through the affiliate links, at no extra cost to you. Your purchases help us to keep making more videos and projects like this one. Thank you in advance
for your purchase and your support!
See info on Affiliate links below.
Manufactured by: Sterilite Storage system provide clear fronts to easily identify contents. Easily stack to create a multi unit drawer system. Clear drawers.
Affiliate Link to Amazon
Enjoy your hobby without spending a fortune on expensive craft supplies! We carry an amazing selection of art supplies and crafting essentials for less. View our painting sets, kids craft activities and poster sets, art paper, and more. Everything is only $1 each, so you can get creative without worrying about high prices.
Vastar Hot Glue Gun with 30 Pieces Melt Glue Sticks Melting Adhesive Glue Gun Kit for DIY Small Craft and Quick Repairs in Home & Office
Affiliate Link to Amazon.com
50 standard round glue sticks for low, high and dual temperature glue guns
Affiliate Link to Amazon.com
Please be advised that some of the product and other links displayed above may be affiliate links. When you click on links to various
merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Please see our Affiliate Statement for more information.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
Subscribe To our YouTube channel
because we publish New crafting videos On regularly.
Find us On:
If you have any questions about this project, you can post them as comments on the Youtube Video above or through our "Contact Us" page.